Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 29: Three Wishes

It just dawned on me how close I am to the end of this challenge. Where did the time go?

Well, it seems that the end of the challenge comes with a magic lamp, so what are my three wishes?

The first was going to be a letter from Sweden, but I got one in the mail today (which elicited a reaction akin to seeing a ferret), so I suppose I'll have to amend that desire.

Anyway, without further ado:

1. A letter from Sweden once a month for the next year and a half.

2. For it to be a summer evening in Missouri with my mom.

3. To see the world.

I thought about being a little more playful with this post, but the topic got me to thinking. What do I wish? When I close my eyes and still my mind, what do I long for? The answer seems to be things I miss: friends, family, and places. My heart just kind of aches with longing for them. They are my richest treasures.

Listening to: "Buddy Holly" by Wheezer
Reading: Persuasion by Jane Austen

1 comment: