Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 15: A Bible Verse

My mother is fond of telling me that when she was in seminary, her favorite verse to share when it was her turn to give the devotional was 1 Corinthians 16:20:

All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss.


From what I hear, my mother was quite the flirt and a serial kisser to boot. Looking back at 5-year-old Rebekah, I think I was heading down that path, too. It's strange how events can change even our basic personalities. No one who knows me now would guess how boy-crazy and brazen I was in yesteryear. Life's funny that way, isn't it?

Listening to: Bones
Reading: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

3 comments:

  1. Take that to Bishop Beus. Ask him if he can please enforce it in the ward. But tell me when you're going to do it, 'cause I wanna see how he reacts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that would be hilarious. I feel like a lot of guys would get slapped though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my college pastors used to use this verse every Sunday. A few of the guys would actually go up and kiss him on the cheek. He was fairly startled the first time!

    ReplyDelete