Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 17: Something I'm Looking Forward To

Living in an environment that encourages dating and mating (for eternity, of course), I've been thinking a lot about love lately. I've been thinking about romance and friendship, about uncertainty and trust, about flirtation and companionable silences. All of this thinking has led me to one inevitable conclusion: I'm ready for all of this to be over, durn it! I'm looking forward to meeting someone who will understand me well enough to come at me sideways so he won't scare me off, and who will see something so infinitely desirable in the conglomerate of traits that make up...this, he won't be scared off.

Pffffft! Like that's going to happen. I crack myself up.

More than that, though, I'm looking forward to watching all five movies I borrowed from my dad's girlfriend tomorrow and doing the amazingly teensy jigsaw puzzle I bought last time I was at the zoo.

Listening to: "Who Says" by Selena Gomez & The Scene
Reading: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment