Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 14: A Picture of Myself Last Year and How I Have Changed


This was an odd day in April of 2010. I mean, what am I wearing? Are those clothes that make me look like a girl? Egad! What next?


Good gravy! Have I started doing my hair? Am I seeing the effect of bobby pins? And...and...is that a fitted tee shirt?

Not much has changed in the past year. My hair's a little longer. I'm a little tanner. My posture's a little better.

Pictures will never be able to capture the real changes. I know a little more. I'm a little more outgoing. I'm learning to let loose. Sometimes I even sing where people can hear me or dance in public to the music in my head. I'm a little more independent. I don't feel lost in a crowd without a friend by my side. When I feel like doing something crazy, I might even talk to someone I've never met before. I no longer just occasionally think that the girl in the mirror is pretty. I walk like I believe I'm gorgeous, because I know I am.

I don't feel like I've really changed much. I'm just more willing to share who I am.

Reading: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

1 comment: