Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 16: My Dream House

When it comes to residential architecture, there are many kinds I would be happy with, most of them old-fashioned. I'm not picky about brick or frame or log cabin or stonework or what have you.

However, there are a few optional feature I'd rather like to have. I'm rather enamored of window seats, and I wouldn't say no to it being in a bay window. I wouldn't say no to a porch swing, either. I'd definitely like a dedicated library, preferably with one of those sliding ladders. A real stone fireplace is a must. None of this electric fire nonsense. Who thought that was a good idea?

Really, I'm more concerned about the attached property. Give me trees, and lots of them. Make my yards sweep out ridiculously far in both directions. You know what would be positively spiffing? A long front drive that meanders through a tunnel of trees. I don't even want to hear the road from my front porch.

Mom, once again your influence is coming through loud and clear.

Listening to: "Chemical Love" by Charlie McDonnell
Reading: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently house shopping - window seats, bay windows, and library-rooms are all very high on my list of needs!

    ReplyDelete