Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 10: Something I'm Afraid Of

I'm scared that some guy will propose to me in a public place, and I won't know what to say. Even if I think he's the one, what if I haven't prayed about it yet? I wouldn't want to give him a tentative, public yes and then have to renege later. And what if I don't think he's the one, or I'm not sure yet? I'd have to turn him down with a bunch of people staring at us, and that would just be awful all around.

Listening to: "Toes" by Zac Brown Band
Reading: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

1 comment:

  1. So, as much as I want the actual proposal - should I ever receive one - to be a surprise, I don't want the fact that he's proposing to be a surprise. I don't want to know when or where, or to have picked out my own ring. But it's kind of something I would hope we would talk about first. Springing it out of nowhere isn't really all that fair. It's something to pray about together, and to prepare for. Because otherwise, yes, that would be a horribly awkward situation!

    ReplyDelete