Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 13: My Goals

When I was six, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Twenty minutes of Animal Planet cured me of that.

When I was ten, I wanted to write a book. Chalk one up to lack of follow-through.

When I was 14, I wanted to be as great of an artist as Michelle Hoefener (minus the immodesty). Rebekah: 0  Lack of Follow-Through: 2

When I was 19, I wanted to be a famous YouTuber. Man, this follow-through thing is killer.

So what goals do I have? I want to knock that Roman religion test tomorrow out of the park. I want to reestablish that social Zen I had going for me that pulled a Hindenburg at the beginning of February. I want to know what it's like to hold hands with a boy. I want to find a happy medium between completely embarrassing myself in front of others and being a hermit. I want to loosen up and speak up. I want to transcend the scars on my soul.

I want to find someone who'll still want to hear what I have to say when we're a billion and seven.



Listening to: "I Want to Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles
Reading: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling

1 comment: