Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 26: My Dream Wedding

Funnily enough, I actually once had a dream that I was getting married. I have no idea who the groom was, but I remember the dress in vivid detail. The dress itself was a scoop-neck princess cut with bell sleeves and a little bit of a train. Once outside the St. Louis temple, where I think this dream wedding took place, I added a crocheted cream piece I suppose I'll call an overcoat. The bottom hem was just an inch or two shorter than the actual dress in all directions, including the train. I think the sleeves were just a tiny bit longer than those of the dress. It buttoned with three unglazed ceramic roses. I think that I was barefoot for those straight-outta-the-temple pictures, and I was wearing real white flowers in my loose hair.

The only other detail I can recall from this dream is that either Britney Spears came to my reception and Harrison  Ford sent his apologies because he couldn't make it, or Harrison Ford came to my reception and Britney Spears sent her apologies. I'm leaning toward the second one.

Of course, that was just a dream about my wedding. My real dreams for my wedding are a little different. For starters, I would like to get married in Winter Quarters, not St. Louis.


This pretty little temple features some exquisite stained glass and beautiful grounds.


I want to wear my mom's wedding dress from her last marriage. It's a Georgian cut (think Jane Austen) made of raw white silk. I do love an empire waist. Of course, I'm a few inches taller than her, so we would have to come up with some way to make up that inch or so below the hem.

My ideas about my reception change a lot. Right now I'm thinking that I want to hold it out in a field or something. There would definitely have to be large quantities of bubbles. If I held it in the evening in the right part of the country during the right season, maybe there would even be fireflies! And stargazing!

Who needs artificial decorations, no matter how elegant, when they can have nature?

Reading: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

1 comment:

  1. There is a beautiful contemporary Methodist? church near Scottsdale. The chapel has amazing stained glass windows and the grounds include a memorial garden. I took lots of photos and will see if I can find them to send you a clue if you are near there some time. It is definitely worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete