Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Triumph.

I've been feeling for some time now that the poor little moleskine I carry to church is just not big enough to fulfill all of my artistic needs. Love it to death, but sometimes I just need to draw big and bold! Um...yeah, maybe that exclamation point was a little much. Anyway, today I resolved to go to the bookstore and get a sketchbook.

On my way there, I passed a cheery sign advertising a book sale at said bookstore. That's when the foreboding settled in.

I'm bad enough in a bookstore on any day, but throw in a sale and what we have is a predicament. And I didn't have any friends along to keep me from buying everything I laid eyes on.

But this story has a happy ending. I not only found a suitable sketchbook and some drawing pencils, but I walked out of there literature-free! One small step for shoppers, one giant leap for Rebekah-kind.

Listening to: P. S. I Love You
Reading: The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

No comments:

Post a Comment