Tuesday, November 24, 2009

SoBe.

First, let me quickly mention my recent Oregon Trail debacle. Everything was going all hunky-dorey until right before the Blue Mountains. My last ox died, and shortly thereafter I ran out of food. Somehow I had managed to miraculously make it that far with my party intact, but after a month of absolutely no food and noone willing to trade us an ox, two of my number succombed to silly things like cholera and measles. Eventually some kind soul traded an ox and we continued on. Some Indians even helped us find food, and yet I lost my other two companions. I stumbled in to Ft. Walla Walla all by my lonesome, cold, hungry, and penniless. I don't really know what happened after that. I switched to my word document to record my progress and when I came back the game had reverted to the start menu. I'm assuming I died. Or maybe I was translated! Anywho, in case anyone was wondering, since I needed five names for my party members, I chose Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Catherine, and Lydia. If you can't figure out why that's silly, go read a book, mkay? Poor Lizzy had some new ailment every other day, but she hung in there until mid-December. She was the first to go. My, that sounds sinister, doesn't it? Also in case you were wondering, I left on April Fool's Day. And that's that.

So, SoBe. I really wish I had some. My favorite flavor is Nirvana, but it's nearly impossible to find, so I usually settle for Lizard Fuel, which is my second favorite. I really think I'm craving me some glass-bottled goodness because of the ginormous lizard my friend and I saw when we left our physics lab. We came out the door and there was this group of people gathered around a lizard on a leash, snapping pictures and listening to the leash-holder intently. My friend absolutely freaked. In a subdued sort of way, though. She definitely started walking faster and throwing the awesome little creature worried glances. Turns out she thought it was a komodo. I wish! But, no. Not only are they endangered, but I'm pretty sure they're poisonous, and I doubt any professor sane enough to be teaching wouldn't have all of their students huddled around it with nothing holding it back but a leash. And besides, our little Godzilla wasn't big enough to be a komodo. I don't think it was an iguana, either, though. In other words, I have no clue what kind of lizard it was. But it was fantastic. I wonder what class that was. Meh, it's probably some sort of fancy biology class I would never want to take. Man, I want me some SoBe Nirvana. Or eggnog. Eggnog's always good.

Listening to: "Evacuate the Dancefloor" by Cascada
Reading: Le Morte d'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory

No comments:

Post a Comment