Friday, January 29, 2010

Onigiri.

I never really got into that whole oh-my-goodness-it's-Japanese-so-it-must-be-awesome fad, but there is a single manga series that I liked: Fruits Basket. It's about a family cursed with alternative forms corresponding to the Chinese Zodiac. Basically. I've been watching the anime version on hulu. It sticks to the books very well, so I'm happy.

Tonight, I went with my roommate and some friends to an event called Around the World. They had six booths representing Japan, Australia, Egypt, Mexico, Canada, and China, with ethnic foods at most. There was a live mariachi band, sumo wrestling, hockey fighting, mummy races, alligator wrangling, and karaoke. I liked the karaoke best, even though I did terrible at it. Memo for next time: don't pick a song you don't know the tune to, even if it is Heart. I did much better at "Kryptonite."

Listening to: "Almost Paradise"
Reading: Timeline by Michael Crichton

No comments:

Post a Comment