Monday, March 22, 2010

Doble.

On Friday I turned in the form to double major. I should hear about my acceptance in a few weeks.

I was perfectly content with my one major, but I have to take a lot of a single foreign language, so I figure why not. Let's just throw in a few extra classes and get a bonus degree. Two for the price of one, right? I wish I could just take all linguistics classes with the occasional goofy elective, but alas. They don't hand out diplomas for not meeting all of their requirements. I think I made an awesome choice with my first major. I absolutely love it. Sometimes I catch myself mumbling about how words would be transcribed in the International Phonetic Alphabet.

But I suppose this double major will be a good thing. It will give me incentive to practice my Spanish and maybe even one day achieve bilingualism. That would be so cool!

As a sidenote, we were talking about the Great Depression today in history. It made me miss my grandma. I don't feel like I ever really got to know her as a person. Sadness.

Listening to: "It's About Time" by Barcelona
Reading: Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko

No comments:

Post a Comment