Friday, March 26, 2010

Chuck.

Goodbye, Fuddruckers. I have found a new love in my quest for my hamburger soulmate. It's name is The Chuckbox.

First, the ambience is killer. There was a lovely Old West theme. It's all made out of logs with flour sacks covering the ceiling and copies of famous wanted posters hanging on the walls. The seats are boxes and there are patios with tables on two side of the building.

Second and most importantly, the food. The burgers are cooked over wood coals and the buns are nicely toasted. I was rather amused by their style of ordertaking. Insteading of writing things down, they stick various toothpicks and bitsy plastic swords in the top bun as a sort of code so the griller knows what cheeses, bacon, and peppers to put on the meat. I got a 1/4 lb. burger with Swiss cheese and bacon. For my side I got deep-fried mushrooms. Everything was so delicious! It's also one of those places where you put your own condiments on, so that was awesome. Awesomely awesome on the palate, that is.

So tasty...

Listening to: Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars
Reading: Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko

No comments:

Post a Comment