Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Airy.

Monday afternoon I went shopping with Anne and Meagan. I was going to wait to post until I had taken pictures of all of my loot, but meh. If I wait for that, it will never get done.

I was picked up around 3:45 and we went down to Mill Avenue. Meagan drove in circles for a while trying to find a free parking lot she used to use, but it turns out that someone went and built a thing of condos there, so we ended up parking at her work. Once Anne arrived, we forayed onto Mill itself. Some of the areas there make me sad because they're absolutely gorgeous and serene, but utterly deserted because no shops lease the space. The empty fountains are the most tragic. And there was what looked like an ubercool fancy restaurant with the sweetest chandeliers. It didn't even have a name over the door and it was all shut up, but the tables were still set. Hopefully it's open at night or something.

Our first stop was The Hippie Gypsy. It's an awesome place that sells things like incense and Led Zeppelin posters and Grateful Dead paraphernalia. And the grooviest clothes. I've never enjoyed clothes shopping before, but I spent a solid hour trying on stuff in there. All of their fabrics are so lightweight! I love it! And I'm rather fond of their apparent abhorrence of zippers. My favorite haul was a green dress with gauzy layers that makes me feel like a fairy princess. I won't be able to wear it for while, though. It's a halter top and because of the way the hem is cut it'll need some sort of underskirt. I'm going to hold off until I find just the right undershirt, too. I can't wear just anything with an article that awesome! I'm lucky it fit. It was the only one in the store. Oddly, it was also missing its price tag. I think the cashier just ended up making up a price for it.

For dinner we went to a little Greek restaurant around the corner. I think gyros are some of my favorite food! I want to eat them every chance I get. Also, baklava is epic.

After dinner we headed across town to a store called Rainbow to buy some extra long camisoles. Mission successful.

Then Walmart to get a belt, the only thing I'd really been looking for all night, and so Anne could go wild in the pajama section. I'm not a fan of Walmart, so I burned out on that really quick. I might've been able to stand just hanging around, but the TVs, I kid you not, were playing the same exact ad for the New Moon DVD literally every other commercial. I counted.

Though all in all an awesome night.

Listening to: "Pepper"
Reading: Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko

No comments:

Post a Comment