Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Zombies.

The past few days have been uber-relaxing. Mostly I've slept and...actually, no and. Mostly I've just slept. I have however spent some time reading or playing Apples to Apples with my cousins. Okay, I'll stop lying. That was only once.

Compared to the past week, today was as busy as all get out. Please excuse my use of hackneyed phrases; I'm on vacation. Anyway, this morning my mom basically dragged me grocery shopping with her and my cousin. It was tortuous. I didn't know it could take two hours to check off all ten items of a rather short shopping list.

This afternoon was much more exciting. Translation: I got to see my childhood best friend for the first time in years! Huzzah! Though really, we were extremely quiet for having so much catching up to do. I wish I had more to give her for Christmas. She got me one of the coolest things ever. That's right: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! So far, it's absolutely stupendous. The author maintains the Austenian English, artfully throwing in the undead for a book that is truly epic. I'm so excited. I may sleep a little less for the next few days just so I can read it. Wouldn't that be something.

Listening to: whatever comes up on my ipod
Reading: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

1 comment: