Sunday, December 6, 2009

Procrastination.

I woke up today (or would that be yesterday, now?) around 11:30 and generally wasted the day clicking around on various time-wasting sites. When I finally got around to trying to do research for the paper I have due on Tuesday, I realized that since I was at my dad's house instead of on campus, I wasn't connected to the school's network and therefore didn't have access to the internet databases provided through the library. Well, poo. Since it was then around 4:30, I decided to do a load of laundry so the day wouldn't be entirely squandered. It was too cold outside, so I had to hang everything up in the bathroom. Too cold in Arizona? What kind of sick joke is this? Ah well. I suppose the desert has as much right to get chilly as any other climate on the planet. Especially at night. While it's certainly not parka weather, it can get a mite uncomfortable without a jacket. It seems some people are even breaking out the long johns.

But anyway. I spent the evening at Anne's house. A couple of her son's friends were over and we all sat down to watch Van Helsing. I got to pick the movie. Red, one of the friends, got uber-excited when she saw which movie I was putting in. About halfway through we made eye-contact and laughed a little because everyone else was asleep. I thought these high school kids were supposed to be night owls. No stamina, I tell you. Tsk.

After that was over, Anne and I were the only one's left since her son had to take his friends home since they have curfews and such. I popped in West Side Story to wile away the time since my dad was at my uncle's house watching the UFC fights on TV. He showed up not long after it started and sat down to watch with me. Anne was already asleep, but Dad managed to stayed awake most of the time. He'd only been asleep for a little while when I saw that it was already 11:30 and decided that maybe it was time to go home and go to bed. I think I'll continue with the Sharks and the Jets tomorrow (or is that today?). We left off on what I suppose would be the equivalent of the balcony scene.

I think it's time to call it a night, since my clock already says it's tomorrow.

Listening to: West Side Story
Reading: Le Morte D'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory

No comments:

Post a Comment