Tuesday, December 1, 2009

McBreakfast.

I forgot to mention last night that one of the talent show acts was called "McMuffin Making." Basically, a guy made a homemade egg McMuffin. All it took was two pieces of bread, a cup, an egg, and a griddle. Oh, and I suppose if you don't want to burn yourself flipping the egg by hand you might want a flipper-thing. Is it PC to call it a spatula? So first, the guy used the cup to cut circles out of the two pieces of bread. He used one of the leftover crusts as a mold for the egg. Now, I know this next part may sound tricky, but stay with me, huh? When the egg was done cooking, he cut it out of the bread and set the bread mold aside. Then, he put the egg between the two bread circles. And...tada! Yeah, that was it. I don't know why you would waste all that bread instead of just making an egg sandwich, but whatev.

Today was pretty awesome. After Institute I bought a copy of the Conference Ensign for eight bits, and not two and a half hours later I was officially done with physics labs. Forever! Well, I suppose I was done with actual, test-this-out labs last week, but I don't have to go to the lab class anymore, just the lectures. We took the lab final today, which was basically just a ten-question quiz over all of the labs we did. It wasn't too bad, and we were provided with blank copies of the labs if we needed to reread the directions.

Minor bummer: part of my newspaper was all torn up. I don't think it was just some malicious newsie either, since I saw later that a girl in the elevator had a newspaper with the same page torn. Maybe it was just a fluke in the printing. I wasn't too bummed, though, because the comics, the crossword, and the sudoku were all intact, and really, those are why I get the newspaper.

I got a nap in this afternoon, so I was able to stay awake during my physics lecture, which is fortunate because we were talking about nuclear fusion. And Einstein. I kept having the urge to abbreviate his name as Einy in my notes. I can't fathom why I didn't, but of course just thinking about doing it got my mind sidetracked with DeLoreans. Luckily, I was still able to focus because we were talking about uranium and...plutonium! There are just way too many parallels here...

Whoa, sorry! Got sidetracked on wikipedia just now. Did you know that Michael J. Fox initially turned down the role of Marty McFly because of scheduling conflicts?

English was rather uneventful. It was an optional-attendance day meant to be used for asking questions and doing research. Which, I sort of did.

The evening was wiled away with physics homework and explaining Elf Quest to my roommate.

And I just had a bit of a blog-scare. When I first went to publish, the site asked me to log in again, which looked bad from the onset. It wasn't a scam site, but my entry wasn't published! I freaked out for about 30 seconds before I remembered that blogger auto-saves drafts. Whew! That meant I only had to retype two paragraphs. Then of course I decided to add this one. That is all.

Listening to: Shakira on Pandora
Reading: Le Morte D'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory

No comments:

Post a Comment