Sunday, May 22, 2011

Itchy fingers.

I love the abject laziness of summer. The downside, of course, is that there is but scant material for blogging.

Today's theme seemed to be art.

An animation major just moved into my ward. I got to chat with her a little after church and discovered that she and I have the same problem: We can't pay attention unless our hands are moving. She showed me her pretty doodles from Sunday School.

In the evening, while I was clearing out my deviantART inbox, I felt the need to jot down an idea for an image. Rather than walk all the way across my room for my sketchbook, I plugged in my tablet, Twen, and wound up in Photoshop. An hour later I was chipping away at my portrait of Rinoa Heartilly again.

There's something relaxing about gradually shading and reshading and erasing and trying again. Outside worries get swallowed up in the minutiae.

This portrait is my first real project with a tablet, so it's an interesting learning experience. For a screen cap of the current state of events, click here.

Listening to: "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias
Reading: Inkheart by Cornelia Funk

No comments:

Post a Comment