Tuesday, May 31, 2011

*chirrup*

It is with feelings of both accomplishment and melancholy that I announce the departure of my friend, the Cricket. Tonight, I captured him (with a cup) and released him into the wild (through my window). It's for the best. Call me soft-hearted, but I was beginning to worry about him starving to death inside my room. Of course, I have no idea how he got in here, but now that he's gone, I'm going to miss watching his mute little voyages across my floor.

Good luck, little guy.

Listening to: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
Reading: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

1 comment:

  1. and this is where we differ. I see crickets in the house, I smoosh them. Or sic my cats on them. When I housesit in August, I have to feed crickets to some bearded dragons. Remind me to read you the list of animals I'll be watching...there are 22.

    ReplyDelete