Monday, April 18, 2011

Tally ho!

I feel like blogging is slowing infiltrating my life. Ever since I discovered the Stats page, which shows pageviews and information about where my blog traffic is coming from, I've been spasmatically checking it even more frequently than I refresh the Facebook homepage. Sorry, Facebook. What a sad commentary on my habits.

I don't want to say that it is a sad commentary on my life because, really, my life is quite good. My complaints are minor and inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

As a blogger, I was tapering off there for a few months before that challenge. Now I feel like I have a duty to mankind to sally forth. I've lost count of the number of friends who have told me that they love reading my blog. (Here's a shout out just for you.) There's something intensely gratifying about entertaining and possibly even inspiring other people.

As I'm writing some of these posts, I just keep thinking, This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever penned. I should just stop now. No one is going to like this.

It's a relief to hear that someone is amused by my random tangents.

One friend even got me thinking about writing in general, and now, with her encouragement, I'm working on a new story written in blog form. It's a modernization of The Princess and the Pea. That's all you get to know for now. I'm worried that the more I talk about it, the less I'll work on it. I'm hoping, though, that the style will encourage me to stick with it. A blog post doesn't take terribly long to write (most of the time), so maybe the gradual style of the story will keep my focus.

For those who had to endure the few weeks I spent raving about National Novel Writing Month last November (a challenge I did not complete), I have not abandoned my story about Peter Priesthood. I'm too darn pleased with my own cleverness over that one to give it up. It's just on vacation while I go over here and try to get inside Pea's head.

Sometimes I wonder whether I'm really as clever as I think I am.

This blog needs more pictures.

Listening to: "The Mob Song" from Beauty and the Beast
Reading: Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

1 comment:

  1. "This blog needs more pictures." HA! :)

    Also, I found the stats page last week and am likewise addicted!!

    ReplyDelete