Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fictional fantasizing.

I feel kind of like Blizzard and their promised Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans game. I've spent weeks advertising my best friend and making people promise to meet her while she was here. Unfortunately, her baby started throwing up this morning, then got feverish, so A caught a flight home this evening to get the wee bairn to her pediatrician. Poor little darling. Of course, now I feel kind of like Blizzard. "Let us promise you this fabulous game. Oh, wait. Just kidding!" I'm still mad at them for World of Warcraft, by the way. I can't deny that the graphics are snazzy and the gameplay is cool. I just hate that it's an MMO and users have to pay a monthly subscription fee. Come on! Just give me a single player RPG and let me go be a hermit. Wha's wrong witchoo?

But I digress. The true tragedy here is that my goddaughter is sick and not that I don't get to show her off to my friends. My priorities aren't as screwy as they seem.

Somehow in the midst of all this, I still managed to laugh my head off today. It all started when Bonster told me that Pocahontas had actually been married to Kocoum, but she was kidnapped by the white folk, which was considered equivalent to divorce or death or something in her tribe. She went on to marry John Rolf and change her name to Rebecca (which spelling makes me sad). We got into this discussion about how Kocoum was way more attractive than John Smith in the Disney movie, and we totally would've picked him. We also agreed that even Thomas, the lanky redhead, was more attractive than John Smith, though I suppose it's hard not to be when you're voiced by Christian Bale. I am of the firm opinion that we should have more Welsh actors in Hollywood. Then I made the comment, "Of course, I'm sure we can all agree that the most attractive animated Disney character is that guy from Mulan." After that we both sort of lost it and got a weird look from the girl across the table, who had somehow managed to miss our entire conversation.

And now, because I got on the subject of World of Warcraft (which I should never do), I can't help but post the following video.



Sometimes I just loop this on my iPod. Is that bad?

Listening to: "(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar" by The Guild
Reading: Harry Potter y la cámara secreta by J. K. Rowling

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that Christian Bale was Thomas. And I admit to having the occasional crush on a cartoon character in my younger days. Thomas was one. Garrett from Quest for Camelot - voiced by Cary Elwes and Bryan White - was another. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete