Thursday, February 18, 2010

Musings.

The following was written around 1:30 AM on February 13. The pending arrival of Valentine's Day was completely coincidental.

Some people wind up with others because they need to be rescued, or they want to be a rescuer. Others just sort of discover that they're going in the same direction and figure they might as well walk together. But I've got wings. My mind, my heart, my soul can't bear to be grounded. They need to soar, to explore wonders. But the thing is, my wings are only strong enough for one. They won't support another's weight. I think that's why I haven't found him yet, because whoever he is, he's going to have to be able to fly.

O...kay. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that maybe I shouldn't write after the witching hour. If this and past blog posts are any indication, I seem to get all philosophical and mopey. Though I think that the philosophical thing was the entire point I was trying to make with the above. I want to find someone who will understand what I'm saying when my brain wanders off into the vast unknown and starts...postulating...stuff. I dunno. I'm too serious lately. Even just a few months ago I was light-hearted and silly. Now it seems that everything I think about is deep and self-doubting. Although, I do have my moments.

Dinners lately are rather entertaining. My roommate and I have started a habit of eating dinner with two of her friends from Show Low. They'll be leaving on their missions this summer and she wants to spend as much time as she can with them before they go. I think I was initially included because I'm her roommate, but now I think that I'm actually going to miss those guys when they leave. Post-dinner we usually watch an episode of The Office. Fun times, though I didn't start watching with them until they were on season 3, so I'm having to spend some time catching up. Luckily one of the guys owns them.

On a completely unrelated note, I went to the bookstore today to indulge in one of my birthday presents. I bought a copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, not because of the upcoming movie but because my linguistics book literally quotes it every other page and I'm getting the idea that it would be a fun frolick through nonsense. I also bought a book entitled From the Horse's Mouth: Oxford Dictionary of English Idioms. It's from the same people who published Stone the Crows, so now I have a nice little matched set. Wow, my nerdage rises daily.

Cheshire moon tonight.

Listening to: "Nice to Be With You"
Reading: East of Eden by John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment