Monday, February 1, 2010

Confections.

So FHE last night was cookie decorating. Judging by the copious amounts of pink, heart-shaped sprinkles, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this was supposed to have something to do with Valentine's Day. Well, where's the fun in that? As our table's cookies were sitting out in the middle, I noticed that the funny shaped ones (presumably supposed to be tulips) sort of looked like PAC Man ghosts if you turned them upside down...We were going to do a completely PAC Man theme, but we had a lot more circles than tulips, so we ended up doing a general classic video game theme. Someone made Kirby, a star from Mario, Pong, and even an tableau for Shooter involving a frosted plate as the background.

Castle of the White Witch

I tried for Hyrule Castle, but the icing came out in thicker lines than I wanted and the sprinkles I was trying to use as stars developed a mind of their own, so I'm calling this the castle of the White Witch from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was eventually made into a video game, right?

PAC Man

Of course, the true pinnacle of our achievements was the PAC Man scene. The teeth are my favorite part. We put those little heart-shaped sprinkles to better use than they were intended for. Maybe? My only part in the actual creation of this was to smoosh out the two white dots on the napkin. All in all, I'd have to say these cookies were pretty epic. I'm kind of sad I didn't take pictures of the others. Last night may have been one of my favorite FHEs so far in this ward.

Then there was the guy at our table who actually made a tulip...we gave him a lot of weird looks.

And this morning I decided that I want to create my own language someday.

Listening to: "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey
Reading: Timeline by Michael Crichton

No comments:

Post a Comment