Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mellowocity.

I'm slowly learning the delicate and graceful art of finding beauty in the small things.

Sunday, in addition to seeing a coyote, I pushed my small cousins on a swing-set. I've always been timid around children, but I'm surprising myself at how quickly I'm learning to love their company. I love talking to them and listening to them talk. I especially loved it when we all broke out singing "Airplanes" by B.o.B. Even 3-year-old Connor was singing.

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now."

Yesterday I stayed too late at FHE, but I made some new friends and got to socialize with some old ones, so I think it was worth it. I did have to stay up far later than desirable doing homework, which I wasn't able to finish before going to sleep. Consequently, I woke up late this morning. Things worked out quite nicely, though. I even managed to finish all of my reading before the appointed classes.

What could have been hectic and disgruntled quickly turned into a wonderful day. Nothing changed to make it so but me.

I also got a lovely surprise when I checked the mail yesterday. A little something I ordered for myself had arrived!

Mask

I'm slowly learning that delicate and graceful art.

I feel rather marvelous.

Listening to: "Such Great Heights" by Iron & Wine
Reading: Pride & Prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment