Friday, May 21, 2010

Fitting.

I had never ridden in a convertible until the past week.

I had never ridden in a convertible with the top down until the past week.

I had never stuck my hands up like people do on rollercoasters until the past week. While I'll still probably never do that on a rollercoaster (high speeds and rules, you know), I must say it's quite fun in a convertible.

This past week I also got to take a tour of the inner workings of a dairy farm. And not just any dairy farm, but the wonderful farm responsible for milk that tastes like a root beer float. You know you think that sounds delicious.

Lately I've felt a bit like the puzzle piece that looks like it fits, but upon closer inspection it's a little too loose or a little too tight and the colors are just a little bit off. Then I came home. Over the past year I've kept up with my friends on Facebook, and seeing their antics and photo albums, I've worried a little that I wouldn't quite fit back in. I was pleasantly wrong. I realize now that I wasn't fitting into that other puzzle because it was the wrong one. Here, I fit right back in with the gentle, satisfying slide of the right piece.

Today I remembered just how much I truly love jigsaw puzzles. While my mom and I were going through boxes yesterday, we found one full of the beauties. I took some out today. I'd forgotten how good it feels to do a puzzle. It just feels so natural. My dad used to call me the Puzzle Wizard. It's hard to describe, but the best I can come up with is that doing a puzzle is transcendent. I see the pieces differently, almost psychicly. I see peaces.

Listening to: "Best That You Can Do" from Arthur
Reading: The Grass Is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank

No comments:

Post a Comment