Monday, April 9, 2012

OCD: Who Punctuated This?

Once, someone asked my friend Josh if he knew what an Oxford comma was. He said, "Of course! I'm friends with Duckie." (That's me. Just roll with it.)

As my friends know, I get a little zealous when it comes to punctuation.

Especially apostrophes.

I was only half joking when I said I wanted to found People for the Ethical Treatment of Apostrophes. The sole  purpose of the apostrophe is to clarify and facilitate written communication, and this is how people use it? Abuse is more like it.

All any punctuation wants to do is help, but people toss marks around willy-nilly like they're confetti or tribbles or something.

I weep for America.

Happy Easter.

Listening to: Smash
Reading: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment