Saturday, December 24, 2011

Orange chicken.

Christmas is tomorrow, and I'm still not in the holiday spirit.

...That's all I really have to say about that.

Tonight, my dad, my uncle, my brother and I rode over to my uncle's favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner, where I'm sure I made the most outrageous face when I accidentally ate a piece of orange peel. I've grown much more comfortable on the back of a motorcycle, though the thought of operating one still makes me nervous. One step at a time.

After dinner, my uncle went home, and the rest of us headed over to Anne's house. There, I made Alan watch Sherlock Holmes because he hadn't seen it, and he needs to if we're to see the sequel next week. I can't in good conscience allow my loved ones to watch things out of order.

I also finally got my phone to install the updates it was freaking out about yesterday. Among them was the newer version of 8pen. Imagine my shock when I opened it up and most of the letters were in different places. My thumb was so confused. Fortunately, there's now a special 8pen typing game out, and it's reconditioning my fingers admirably. The new aesthetic design of the keyboard is actually quite lovely, and I'm already fond of some of the functional changes they've made. The one thing that gets me is the letter placement. I'm sure I'll adapt to it eventually, but I imagine that my thumb will continue to veer off in the utterly wrong direction for a while.

C'est la vie.

Happy Christmas, y'all.

Reading: The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

No comments:

Post a Comment