Saturday, August 6, 2011

Repose.

It has been a quiet few days.

On Thursday, I went over to Bonster's. We worked on an eye-searingly holographic Star Wars puzzle, played cards, ate bean and bacon soup, and watched Persuasion (2007). The latter was hysterical. Some parts were just so awkward that I couldn't help laughing until I couldn't breathe. Most awkward kiss ever? I think so. It was so awkward that I'm justifying redundancy in my word choice.

Yesterday and today have been distinctly uneventful. I did get to spend some quality time with my dad. We went out to brunch at Village Inn yesterday, and this morning he made scrambled eggs with leftover jalapeño rings from Del Taco. Yes, most of our quality time is spent over food.

The past two days haven't been entirely unproductive, though my grungy bathroom would like you to think otherwise. I've been working sporadically on a commission for Laura. The parameters were simply something bright and colorful, so she's getting an amalgam of desserts, flowers, and childhood relics. Progress shots here.

I generally try to end my posts with something thoughtful, but all I have today is the unshakable feeling that the greatest thing about an empty bag of Swedish Fish is that it still smells like Swedish Fish.

Listening to: "Glitter In The Air" by P!nk
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment