Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vroom.

My dad's friend owns a truck, a nice little S-10 (whatever that means). He's also not using it. So he has graciously decided to lend it to me so that it's not sitting idle accumulating sand.

I'm rather excited about this. So far I've driven it around some this evening, and I'm already falling in love with it and figuring out its quirks.

My first order of business (well, second. I've already programmed the radio) will be to christen it. The way I see it, I have options. It's white, so I can play with that. Or it has a tendency to squeal the tires if you take off any rougher than you would hold a baby. It's also got to have some sort of stealth mode or something, because I can't for the life of me figure out whether the engine is running or not until I put it into gear. There is negative sound from the engine. That's right. It absorbs the stuff.

The first idea that popped into my head was Tremaine, but I really don't think that's going to work for a truck. Though it might. I have a tendency to stick a "Lady" in front of it, though, and that definitely wouldn't work. My second thought was The Howling Screamer, for the way it takes off. Though the engine has that ninja thing going on. Decisions, decisions.

Listening to: "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga
Reading: Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal

No comments:

Post a Comment