Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Friends.

Every now and then a conversation comes along that just makes people stop and look back at its progress in amazement. These are the conversation that you almost wouldn't believe had really happened, except you were there and you were witness to it. These conversations leave you perplexed. They change tones like a radio set to scan.

Like the one I had tonight. I'll leave the segues up to your imagination, but it went a little something like this:
1. Quads
2. Southern belles
3. Star Trek
4. The development of modern sci-fi
5. Lost (the show)

It will go down in history. At least now that I've blogged about it.

I also made a new friend today. Her name is Emmi and she's an adorable little toddler. She's young enough that she only pronounces partial words. I don't know what I did, but she came to me almost as often as she went to Anne, who watches her once a week. Yeah, we're pals. Which is more than I can say for one of the guys over at Anne's tonight. Every time Emmi looked at him she started crying.

Listening to: "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
Reading: Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal

No comments:

Post a Comment