Saturday, July 16, 2011

Strikes, spells, and timey-wimey stuff.

After weeks of quiet reading, this one almost seems like it got a little out of hand.

Monday, I went to a large unbirthday party and watched my friends and acquaintances destroy a piñata and attack each other with cupcakes, among other things.

By Wednesday I somehow wound up on a group date. Bowling and dating are both rather unusual for me, though not unheard of. I have never bowled so well in my life. I am prodigiously proud of my high score of 58, and if the company could always be so good, I might bowl oftener.

Thursday was, of course, the midnight premiere of Harry Potter. My group consisted of a snitch, Hogwarts, Bellatrix and Narcissa, and three house elves, one of which could also be taken for a cave troll. I went as Dobby's headstone. Morbid, I know, but it was last minute. I worked with what I had. I shan't go into detail about the other people who dressed up or the girl who talked loudly in a British accent while we all waited for the movie to start or the people who asked to take our picture. I shan't even say much about the elegance with which the 3D effects were handled. I shall only say that there was something comforting about everyone in the theater quietly sniffling at the same time.

I was still a little groggy Friday afternoon. I kept weaving into the cart while my brother and I were grocery shopping at Walmart. Eventually, I decided it would probably be best if I just stood still and let him do the shopping.

After a refreshing nap, I had my first true exposure to Doctor Who last night, compliments of my friend SB. I would've preferred starting at the beginning, but I thank her nonetheless. I knew I'd like it, and now I can't wait to go back and see the rest.

Listening to: Holiday Inn
Reading: The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment