Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mama.

For the past two days, my waking hours have been spent with my mum. Oh, wait. I'm not British. Dang. Heavy sigh.

May I just mention that I love spending time with my mom? Yes, she aggravates me sometimes, but so does most everyone. I'm working on it.

Yesterday we went to Walmart, which has, once again, failed me. Hegh! Walmart...

Today we went to Shatto dairy again, as that's where my darling mother tries to get all of her milk since it comes in those schnazzy glass bottles, thus no disgusting plastic taste.

Speaking of milk, after our escapade to the dairy, we drove down to meet my brother at the Cracker Barrel. At one point during the meal, he ordered a pint of milk. It came in a little carton, so he thought maybe that was what was giving it a bad aftertaste. He poured it into a glass to try to fix that, but it still tasted gross. My mom's face when she tried it was absolutely priceless. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. If the taste wasn't enough, the weird texture the milk was leaving on the glass was a pretty fair indication that it was rancid. The look on the waitress's face when we informed her was almost as funny as my mom's.

For dinner, I ordered the most delightful chicken with cheddar and broccoli and little breaded crumblies. After we were all done eating, we sat there just talking for quite a while. It was nice. I was especially amused by how my brother kept pouring the littlest amounts of orange soda into his mug and drinking them, like he was doing soda shots. It was even funnier when he hiccoughed later. Yes, that's how it used to be spelled.

After dinner we went to the Liberty Jail and went through a tour. It was a good thing we put the top back up on my mom's convertible before we went inside because it was pouring rain when we came out. It was awesome driving around with the top down all day, though.

The rain let up as we neared home, so mom and I took a detour and stopped by Far West, a.k.a. one of my favorite places in the world. The wind was magic again. The sun was behind a soft cloud, so the light was white gold, and the wind rippled the nearby ponds and the tall grasses. There's no better place in the world to be barefoot. At one point I even sat down in the middle of the temple site and tried to find a four-leaf clover, but to no avail.

Back at home, mom and I watched the new Alice in Wonderland, which I thought was quite awesome.

Also, I love blueberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese.

Listening to: "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of"
Reading: The Belgariad by David Eddings

No comments:

Post a Comment